Permissions in multi-site scenario

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:44

Permissions in multi-site scenario

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
I've created 2 sites, is it possible to have a toal seperation of users between the 2. eg Authors from Site 1 can only access Site 1 and not Site 2.

I have not tested this but the best way would be to create separate roles for each site.  So users in Site1 will have a Role Site1 and be denied permissions to Site2.

Happy Coding!

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity support. I have been looking into your requirements, still currently we don’t provide the functionality to completely separate users in your sites. Therefore this has been determined to be a new feature request. I have submitted this as a public PITS on your behave. You can track the progress of this feature here:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/16153

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your request. 

Regards,
Elena Ganeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi David,

To clarify we store all of the users for your sites in the same location so everyone that has permissions to access Users section in the backend of the Sitefinity will see all of the users. Still you can setup different permissions per site for these users. You can achieve this functionality by following this steps:

1.     1) Open the selector in the upper-left corner of the page and click Manage sites.

2.     2) Click the Actions link of the site that you want to set permission for.

3.     3) In the dropdown menu, click Set permissions.

4.     4) Click Break inheritance

5.     5) Click Change button for the  permissions that you want to modify

6.     6) Click Select roles or users

7.     7) Go to Users tab and select different users per site. 

Regards,
Elena Ganeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed