Upgrade from 6.0.4210.0 to 6.2.4210.0 now throws an error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:23

Upgrade from 6.0.4210.0 to 6.2.4210.0 now throws an error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

I copied all my sitefinity files from a working production site to a local drive, made a copy of the DB and hooked the local copy to that db. The local copy ran correctly. I then used the 6.2.4210.0 project manager to upgrade the project/site and now I get the following error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=6.0.4210.0"
What's up and how do I fix it?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Did you follow the upgrade path here.  You will need to make the web.config changes and other for both  6.0 -> 6.1 and 6.1 -> 6.2

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/upgrade

Happy Coding This!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

I just went into project manager and selected upgrade.(As directed in a document that I was referred to.) I would expect the project manager to have some awareness of the versioning.

It's getting frustrating when I go to read the documentation and I get different instructions each time I go online and search the documentation.  I think if Telerik is going to sell this product they need to seriously look  at the documentation and get it inline with the real world.

I just followed the documentation located at www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-6.0-project-to-the-latest-version
I didn't see anything aabout having to go from 6 to 6.1 to 6.2?

But notice in 6.1 -> 6.2 there are additional web.config changes

Kind've figured those would be included in the document detailing "6.0 to the latest version". 

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

Do you have any custom dlls\widgets that reference Sitefinity dlls. It may be that that is throwing the error.

To ensure you have the right dlls delete all the Sitefinity ones in the bin directory and then from the Project Manager exe location you will find a folder called _empty project.

From the bin directory there take all the SF dlls and copy to your bin folder.

Do you have the site in a VS soln? Its much easier if you do.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

That was it. I had one 3rd party widget that needed to be updated.

Thanks

This thread is closed