6.3 Roadmap what to expect

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:11

6.3 Roadmap what to expect

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Any timeframe for the 6.3 roadmap to be published. 

I am not so much interested in how much new stuff will be introduce but on how much of the existing stuff is beeing fixed and polished -> kind of like a list of PITS bugs beeing worked on ....

.... or do we simply filter by -- in progress?

Markus

Markus,

Check out the following link. 

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-6.3-alpha-announced

This may not be the full road map but it should give you enough of a hint where they are going in the next release.  Looks like they will release 6.3 in January.  Hope this helps.

Craig

Dear Craig

Thanks but
I am not so much interested in how much new stuff will be introduce but on how much of the existing stuff is beeing fixed and polished -> kind of like a list of PITS bugs beeing worked on ....
UNQUOTE

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Quote from Martin Kirov
We absolutely hear you about the need for polish in existing features and as i noted this is our top priority for 6.3 and 2014
Unquote

So any new what we can expect to be polished? 

I would love if .....

1. The backend would not change the language according to the front-end page language (if this is still the terible case)
  2. that it would not be possible that two images can have the same url. I still have to advice every user that if he changes the titel of an images to make sure in the past no other image has the same name and change the url manualy
  3. Multilingual stuff for images and document, not just the titles but the files in different language
  4. Show the image in original size (was removed in content blocks) back and opening the image lightbox style and not just in new tab (ugly)
  5. download and other widget finally giving us the option to use the widget we can design - but not use
  6. simply getting more KB workarounds implemented so we don't have to do it on every new project
But I guess I let myself be suprised and hope that the Sitefinity team will live up  to Teleriks slogan and will deliver more then I expect.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Well x-mas comming up soon. Anything on my wishlist haveing a chance making it into 6.3. 

My clients would be happy also :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,
Can you clarify a little bit on items 4 and 5 from your list?
Or provide links to relevant posts (tickets), if such exist.

Thanks in advance,

Kalina
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Well Kalina

Why not give you some more details on 4 and 5 - We have a saying in German that steady water will make a whole in stone. So here we go. 

#4  Show the image in original size (was removed in content blocks) back and opening the image lightbox style and not just in new tab (ugly)

www.sitefinity.com/.../6-2-radeditor-image-open-in-original-size-gone-

May 2011
www.sitefinity.com/.../image-widget-improvements
Read September 2011

Sept 2011
www.sitefinity.com/.../single-image-thumb-click-big-image-lightbox

-------------------------------
#5  download and other widget finally giving us the option to use the widget we can design - but not use

July 2012
www.sitefinity.com/.../download-list-templates

QUOTE Sept 2012
you can not choose your own templates only modify existing - if this would be true then you can only have one download list style.
We have ideas to add this in the future but this is not planned or scheduled yet.

Sept 2011
www.sitefinity.com/.../custom-download-list-templates

From May 2011
www.sitefinity.com/.../download-link-download-list-dokuments-and-files

I am sure there are a ton of other post releated to these two points.

Once again 

Bascily

Add an image in a contentblock
check the checkbos open in original (or now choose size since thumbnails settings)
Open the image in Lightbox style

------------

Create a download widget design a) (lets say without  12.456 KB which is anoying anyhow)
Create a download widget desgin b)

Add download widget to page A and choose design a)
Add download widget to page B and choose design b)

Markus

PITS
www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi

Is there a timeframe for 6.3 release?

Thanks

Cheers

Richard

This thread is closed