Support for V 3.7 SP4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:57

Support for V 3.7 SP4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi all,

We have a client that is still on 3.7 SP4. They have a valid license which of course entitles them to upgrade to newer versions. However, they have asked us how long Telerik will provide technical support on their current version (it will form part of their justification for re-developing the website on a newer version).

Telerik - when will version 3.X be supported until?

Thanks
Al

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Alastair,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you currently have a valid support subscription and are currently running on 3.x, you will continue to receive support for the 3.7 SP4 edition through the term of that agreement; however you will not be able to receive support for any 3.x version after your subscription expires or by September 15, 2014, whichever comes first. We strongly recommend that you plan on upgrading to the latest 6.1 version of Sitefinity.

Could you please share with me the name of your client?

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

@Petya

I think AL was probably less talking about you guys giving support but SF 3.7 SP4 beeing supported. As in IE 11 might have issues with SF 3.7 backend and will there be an 3.7 SP5 to fix that (as an example)

It was my understanding that SP4 was the end of 3.7 - but am happy to receive news otherwise.
Updating to 6.1 is surely recomended. But me for example I have a site with a tone of custom controls - all VB 

SF 4 is now an app so changes go a slightly different path - build ans stuff vs. simply upload a change .aspx.vb file

So while I love 6.1 over 3.7 its not always that easy to simply upgrade.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi all,

The development of Sitefinity 3.7 has been officially discontinued with the release of Sitefinity 4.0.

I understand your point and concern. However, have in mind that we have started version Sitefinity 4.0 from scratch. This let us revise the architecture from scratch and incorporate all lessons we learned while working on Sitefinity 3.X. The development of Sitefinity 3.x has been stopped and completely diverted to Sitefinity 4.x/5.x/6.x version.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. As Markus rightly pointed out it was the September 15, 2014 date that I was interested in. We actually no longer use Sitefinity, but this date has relevance for when/what platform we upgrade to.

@Petya - I dont really want to discuss specific clients on the forum. Besides which, they were contacted directly by one of your sales guys regarding their license - not very impressed with that!

Thanks again
Al

This thread is closed