Display excel file on a page as data

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:49

Display excel file on a page as data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

Is it possible to display an Excel file on a page as a table? I have an Excel based phone directory that I would like to read and display on a page.

TIA

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

Create a custom widget and in the codebehind read the file and write HTML and desired from stream output of file.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

?

Thanks that's what I thought but the systems is so complex I wasn't sure if there was something built in that I hadn't read about yet.

Thanks that's what I thought but the systems is so complex I wasn't sure if there was something built in that I hadn't read about yet.

It never occurred to anyone at Sitefinity that there would ever be a demand to import data but there is as of today a great blog post on exactly this with promise of a scheduled webinar to go even further.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/tim-williamsons-blog/2013/11/20/importing-data-into-custom-modules

They do however already have an export feature available now with module builder not much use without the import but for an additional $3999 you can synchronize data entered manually between two or more sites but still no import so I do not recommend the add on but I do recommend signing up for the webinar.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/webinars/upcoming-webinars

Don't you hate when the forum double posts?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2014 00:00

HI there
For me ,i usually display or read excel files using a third party tool which supports to read or process excel files directly.It is really helpful to do that with a fine tool.You can also try to add one of them.But i want to know that if there is a powerful excel tool which supports to work with sitefinity.Thanks a lot

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

You can also bind directly to an Excel file using the following article.

support.microsoft.com/.../316934

This thread is closed