Email submission of content. Is it possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:19

Email submission of content. Is it possible?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

I thought I read somewhere that you could configure Sitefinity to accept email content submissions. i.e. Allow a user to submit a publicly viewable status report by simply mailing it to a specific address.

Was I imagining this or is it a capability?

TIA

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

The e-mail campaign report page is accessible only in the backend. The functionality to e-mail this report is not supported. 

The report is available under:
EmailCampaigns ->  Report /on the right side of <your campaign>/

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

Honestly your answer has nothing to do with what I was trying to find out.

I just want to know if it's possible to submit content via email rather then having to go to the page in edit mode?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi John
I think you are looking for this information
www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-schedule-a-task-to-import-pop3-content

It shows how you can query a POP3 mail box, read email and then act on that email.
Hopefully that helps

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

Could you please describe more detailed the scenario.

If we have the steps that you need to perform and the result you want to achieve we will be able to confirm if it is possible and how it could be done.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2015 00:00

There are no steps yet.

All I want to do is be able to have contributors email to a specific address which then takes the body of the email and publishes it as a content block or news article.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2015 00:00

That gets me closer. I'm a little surprised that it is not just built into the system rather then me having to write code for it.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello John,

Actually the solution as proposed also by Darrin Robertson is the correct approach.

There implementation depends on the custom scenario, so in the sample you can see its base implementation and extend it in order to cover the specifics.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed