Sporadic NullReferenceException exception in RadAsyncUpload

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:03

Sporadic NullReferenceException exception in RadAsyncUpload

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

Hey everyone,

I've installed my custom module with page and everything.
I have RadAsyncUpload control on the page.
Everything seems to work normally but sometimes when I try to open the page on the module I get this exception message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.MainMenu.CreateRadMenuItemFromNode(SiteMapNode node) +2260
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.MainMenu.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +849
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +256
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +238
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +188
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +59
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4296

The exception seems to be thrown by the RadAsyncUpload control and I'm trying to find out what's the problem here.

Rebuilding the project solve the problem temporary though.

I'm looking for permanent solution for my issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Radoslav,
eVeliko Team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Radoslav,

I have been looking into the stack trace that you sent and I notice that the exception occurs while initializing the backend MainMenu. From this I could conclude that there may be an issue with the way that you initialize the custom module. Could you make sure that you are following the instruction for installing your module:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/modules/creating-custom-modules/module-installation-fluent-api

If this doesn’t resolve your issue is it possible to share the code from your custom module so we can try to reproduce the mentioned issue.

Regards,
Elena Ganeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Elena,

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the link you sent me and there are small differences with mine initialization. I will change it the way it's shown in the link and see if I will get any better. If I still get the same exception I will make a post again and might share the code with you so you can try to help me. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Radoslav,
eVeliko Team

This thread is closed