Mobile to be included in SE as of December 2013 - License qu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:46

Mobile to be included in SE as of December 2013 - License question - 6.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Well Mobile addon will be included in the SE as of December 2013. 

Will you update all the 6.2 license files for existing and new cusomters since 6.3 will surly not be out on December 2013. And since one does pay for it, one does want to take advantage of it  :-)

Would you provide new 6.2 license file which we would have to download and update our sites. Or how is this going to work.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Any answer to that question?

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you for bringing this up and it is a very valid question!
To answer it, as we explained in the initial notification and in followup clarifications on the forums - the new licensing would only affect new licenses purchased after December 6th. This means that existing SE clients would keep their licenses with the exact same setup as they were when they initially purchased them. In other words, when 6.3 comes out for example and existing SE clients download the new license key for it - they will get the new features introduced with the new release, the bug fixes, etc. but their license setup would remain the same, i.e. with A/B testing and without Mobile add-on included. For them the Mobile add-on would still remain an optional add-on as it has always been.

So essentially, as long as you have active subscription for your licenses they will have the respective license keys for all versions available to them. The only thing that would differentiate between new and the old SE package would be the date when they would purchase and that would define whether they get the Mobile add-on included by the default, whether or not they get the A/B testing included and also the price of the SE license.

Let me know if this makes sense and in case you have any other questions on the matter.

Regards,

Simona Randeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Simona

I think I understand this as follows

Any SE license bought any time before Dec 6th 2013 (even in 2012) will have
- old initial price of 1'999 USD
- old annual renewal fee of 599 USD
- the A/B testing included in any future version 6.3, 6.4, 7.0
- no mobile out of the box but the possibility to buy this as an add-on

Let me tell you why this confused me.

1) I buy a SE license today for 1'999 USD
2) I will keep A/B testing as you wrote till then end of Sitefinity 
3) can buy the mobile as addon -> assuming for 999 USD as today

So for 2'998.- I get SE, Mobile and A/B testing

While 

Anyone buying after Dec. 6th will get SE, Mobile (NO A/B testing) for 2'999.-

This would lead to the question - would A/B testing be available for SE bought after Dec 6th as add-ons and at what cost?

Somehow I did thought of this as a bargin. Buy now for 1'999 and you get 2'999 value and that there would NOT be two different SE (before and after Dec 6th 2013).

Thanks for clearing that up now.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Marcus,

Indeed, all of the conclusions that you have made are correct - both for the old and for the new SE licenses.
That is why we said that the price change for the SE is not really just rising it with no reason, because the new SE licenses would get the same features as the old SE clients could get for that price - essentially it is the same thing (apart from the AB testing). The AB testing was removed because the marketing dept investigated and discovered that no one really uses it. The % of SE clients using it was so small that they decided it is best to leave for the PE and higher editions only.

I don't think that the AB testing will be added for the new SE clients down the road. That is unless there is a big outburst of course and a lot of clients tell us that it is crucial for their projects to have the AB testing on the Standard Edition. If that turns out to be the case then it is very likely that it will be re-introduced at some point.

Regards,

Simona Randeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed