Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:22

Analytics Issue After Upgrading to version 6.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2013 00:00

Sitefinity version 6.2.4910.0
IIS Version 7.5
Windows 2008 Server
SQL Server 2008 R2 Database

Hello. I recently had a client request that we upgrade their Sitefinity 5.2 install. I upgraded to 5.4 per the instructions and then upgraded to version 6.0 (I think this is only required if you run e-commerce) then to version 6.2. I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter and everything looks good except when I try to access the Analytics page in Sitefinity under Marketing. I am getting a pop-up message with JSON code in it and a 404 error that I believe may be related to this. See attachment for a screenshot of the pop-up. When I Inspect Element -> Network Tab in Chrome I see a 404 on a request to /RestApi/Sitefinity/Analytics/GetDashboards?format=json?nonCache=25&_=1385392164543

I believe that the client had analytics set up previously and I know that Analytics was rebuilt to move away from Silverlight. 

I have attempted the following to correct this without success.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/troubleshooting-sitefintiy-analytics

Google has yielded nothing of value on this issue. If anyone can offer suggestions or a solution it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

This issue can happen if the web.config is missing the newly introduced sections in 6.2. That is why, I would like to suggest testing the project a web.config taken from a blank 6.2 project. After that, delete the AnalyticsConfigurations and Dashboardpermissions config files and their backups and try configuring the Analytics module again.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed