Using a Load Balancer in a single server environment, or mul

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:59

Using a Load Balancer in a single server environment, or multiple servers but single instances of Sitefinity websites on each

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi

I'm using a load balancer to persist IP address so that I can change servers for redundancy. Or to add multiple servers with separate Sitefinity websites on each.

I'm presuming I'm ok with using the standard edition licenses without the Load Balancing option? I'm assuming option is for when you want the one website to operate across two servers. |s this correct?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

As I understand, you have one sitefinity site on one web server and you want to have two sitefinity instances to handle it's load. Our load balancing will not work at all if you don't have it in your license.
On the other hand, we support only load balancing on different servers - web garden is not supported.

Please contact me again if you need additional information. 

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Bonny

Sorry, no, that's not what I meant. If I have a load balancer in front of web servers with single instances of Sitefinity websites on, each one separate and different domains, I'm presuming I don't need a load balancer license as I'm not using the load balancer to share instances to handle load, only to persist IP addresses when changing servers behind?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

From your answer I understand that you have your own load balancer, that swithes different sitefinity instances on different web servers. In this case - yes you don't need NLB addon.
However, keep in mind that you may experience caching problems, because the cache will be invalidated only on the server where the content is changed. Other servers will not be notified, since they are not connected to each other.
Please contact me again if you need more information.

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed