DIV tags in capitals on page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:29

DIV tags in capitals on page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi

I need to remove the capitalisation of the DIV tags from my pages. I don't have caps in the master page and I'm on 6.2 so I'm not sure how this is happening as I believe that all DIV tags are div now by default and this was an issue a long time ago and has been fixed. To view source, here is the link to the site - test.littlewhitespace.com/

Grateful for any help please.

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Richard,

This is indeed a strange problem. Based on the information given I cannot conclude why this is happening so I will need to take a look at your template in order to resolve this. Can you please upload it to your next reply? Additionally, can you specify the issue this behavior is causing you(other than capitalization in the page source) so that we can all think about a way to get around this?

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Ivan

I'm not sure how to give you the template as most of it is within Sitefinity, but I am attaching the text within the master page that the initial template within Sitefinity is based on. (need to remove .png off end)

Thanks

Cheers

Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

@Ivan
  Seems to be happening when class names are added to layouts (I mean not to me, but in his page all the uppercase divs have another class name on the wrapper instead of just sf_cols)

I have never seen this...

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi all,

This behavior is indeed strange. Steve is right, the classes that contain the DIV tags are not regular sf_cols ones. What I can recommend for Richard to open a support ticket where we can investigate his solution and determine why this is happening, if possible to provide us with login credentials to the site.

To make sure the problem is not related to the site theme can you check to create new page with no template (start from scratch) and check if this page encounters the problem, this way the cause can be isolated to the site theme.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Ivan

Thanks, will check doing a template from scratch and also will open a support ticket. I think I might have played with a V4 template along the way, but can't see how anything could have persisted. I have a very simple master page and then everything on top of that is SF generated.

Thanks

Cheers

Richard

This thread is closed