Official Sitefnity Hosting Partner 50% Life Time

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:54

Official Sitefnity Hosting Partner 50% Life Time

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

Since Arvixe.com is an official hosting partner of Telerik/Sitefinity I assume this is ok.

www.arvixe.com has today a Black Friday special where you get 50% off. Not for one year but for Life Time. So anyone needing an VPS go get them. Does not get any cheaper with this.

I have multiple VPS with them VPS ClassPro that come with 100 GB Storage and 4 GB Ram

So you save 600 USD every year. And the few times I needed support the helped me quick and efficient.

It dos not get any better.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2013 00:00

Thanks for sharing that Markus. That's a great offer although also a bit disappointing that it's not for renewals.

I am using Arvixe too. I just found out that mails being sent from within Sitefinity (e.g. a new account confirmation email) are not being received. That's because their hMailServer is using implicit SSL to allow connections, and Microsoft email components (which are probably used by Sitefinity) do not support that. I had to use an external SMTP server to make it work. Did you also run into this and how did you solve it?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Dear Arno

If it would be for renewals also it would cut down revenue of Arvixe in half :-)

a) I did not know that a newly created account should send out mails
b) does your renew password mail stuff work?

All always have a hard time remembering all the places to set SMTP and mails settings in the backend. And If I remember correct you must have a working e-mail address on some parts.

So you need a noreply@yourdomain.com if you want to send mail using that address.

Markus

Hello Markus,

a) It's optional, but I use it to make sure that only the owner of an email address can create an account.
b) I handle that without an email, but if I would let Sitefinity send the mail it would probably fail too.

Well, it can all be prevented by using an external mail server instead of the Arvixe mail server. It's just weird that it works that way as Sitefinity and Arvixe are partners. Took me a lot of time to find this out. Good to hear that you apparently don't have issues with it.

Same deal seams to be true for Cyber Monday for those who have missed Black Friday.
Markus

This thread is closed