OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:16

OpenAccessMembership37Provider parameters values reset after iisreset

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

Using 6.2.

In Administration | Settings | Advanced | Security | Membership Providers | OpenAccessMembership37Provider, I changed the following parameters:
enablePasswordReset to true
recoveryMainAddress to some email address

The values are saved correctly. But after an iisreset, all values are back to default. What's up with this?

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have followed these steps on my end and I was not able to reproduce the problem. I have recorded a video demonstration which shows the behavior that I was observing.

Regards,
Anjeza Llapi
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Anjeza,

Thanks for the video. I can confirm that if I do what you did (logout/login), then yes, the settings will remain. I believe you missed the iisreset step. I just tried again, and a simple iisreset will bring those two settings back to their default values.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2015 00:00

The solution is to make your adjustments in the MigrationModuleConfig.config and your settings wil remain. 

Kind regards, Chris

This thread is closed