Maintenance mode?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:20

Maintenance mode?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi all,
I've done some searching but can't seem to find a solution.
With other CMS providers that I have worked with in the past there is an option to push the site in to maintenance mode. What this does is locks the entire site so that the public can't access any of the content, but if an Admin logs in, the admin can still work on the site behind the scenes and do 'maintenance'.

I found a thread about this option back in SF 4 and there was a PITS created but was it ever developed for SF6?

We have a replica of our main site which is used for development purposes and it would be useful to lock the site down so only Admins can work on it and if a member of the public stumbled upon the site it would be an issue as they would only see a login screen.

Cheers,

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

I guess this hasn't been implemented then?

The only way I seem to be able to take the site offline is if I place a App_Offline.htm file on the root of my website which then locks the entire site, but I can't log in to Sitefinity in any way.

This is a basic feature which many open source project have as standard.

Lock the site down so a login is required to access it when in maintenance mode.

O.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Owain,

The functionality you require is not available out of the box in the latest Sitefinity version. Here is the PITS issue link where you can vote to increase its popularity:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/8364

However you can apply the approach described here in order to achieve the desired scenario:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff925031(v=vs.100).ASPX

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed