Kendo Treeview Icon Not Displaying in Menu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:35

Kendo Treeview Icon Not Displaying in Menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am using 6.1 with the Treeview nav menu and I finally got it to collapse when another menu item is selected but I still do not have the small gray arrow icon next to any of the treeview menu items. You can move your mouse over the area where it should be and click and it will expand and collapse but the icon graphic is never shown. Inspecting the code in Chrome, I see the k-icon, k-minus and k-plus but where does it get the icon for the menu?
Here is the site in question.

sf.apwwyott.com/products

Thanks for any and all help.
Tony

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Tony,

I have checked the site and everything seems works fine (see the attached video).

Could you please give more details of the problem, attach some video or screenshot of the issue you have faced? The items without grey arrow do not seem to have sub-item to expand.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thank you for replying. By the time you saw my page, I had found the issue so I wanted to relay to others the solution.
I had the background image for the gray triangle icons in the css as this:
background-image: url("/WebResource.axd?d=dJx-mfCXQ49ZYHeEnpn1AWZZiSmr8-QR3tbB5d6EodttNN-LruT-yf6inCC6o3DaJXgCB6KurS-45imGqo4t32xPqmcfk5yZ3NyDtPTe6JBJSQagT6GLP25Ieb8VRo-J7xgDGY7rUTQ5VwAoYjn5IsUZ-Y8ozpY120eNHAy3pGbA6LgvkfKJVfNFsSsR_kbkpSUwMlLA0neK3ZSvfWsCDA2&t=635180537340000000");

I was told that this file or graphic was not getting loaded. (How do you tell that Svetoslav? By the long content address or that it started with Webresource.axd?)

Any ways, I changed the code in the styles.css to this:
.k-icon, .k-tool-icon, .k-grouping-dropclue, .k-drop-hint, .k-column-menu .k-sprite
background-image: url("../YourImagesFolderName/sitefinitysprites.png");

and uploaded the sitefinitysprites.png graphic to my Images folder. I have attached this png graphic to this post. Then the gray triangle icons worked on my Kendo Treeview menu.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.
Let me know your answer from above please.

This thread is closed