6.3 German Language packs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:42

6.3 German Language packs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2013 00:00

Good day

1) is there a time frame for the german language pack
2) is there a chance that all the reported errors from previous versions will be finally included
3) any change paging in the market place will get fixed. No way to get to the second page   

www.sitefinity.com/.../localization

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

On 1 and 2: The person that is responsible for the language packs is on vacation and will contact you as soon as possible.
3. The problem is reported and is expected to be fixed soon. For workaround you can just add /page/2 to the url which will lead you to the second page of that list.

Regards,
Ivan A. Petrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2013 00:00

Dear Ivan

Thanks for your feedback. 

BTW 3 was reported in September 
www.sitefinity.com/.../market-place-paging-not-working-when-filtered

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Happy new year! Hope this one brings more success and Sitefinity projects :-)

Translators took longer than expected due to the holidays, but they are back on track and the translations are being prepared. Should be ready by the end of the week.

So far all reported corrections were either added to the language packs' database or if they consisted of hardcoded labels, they were reported.

Stand by, we will shortly provide the new language packs so you can take a look.

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Greg

Thanks for the update.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Greg

The german language packs are now available. But it realy is so sad that we (usually I) have to report errors over and over and over again and the are either not fixed or fixed and reapear in the next translation.

content was changed to inhalte in 5.3 but since then has gone back to content. I will start attaching screenshots once more of where the translation stiill is not correct.

But let me tell you this is wearing me down. I thought if i keep on reporting I would get them fixed :-)
But either Telerik is not cabable or willing to do so ;.( Some I have reported since 4.3.

www.sitefinity.com/.../german-language-file-4-3-small-error

www.sitefinity.com/.../german-translateion-errors

www.sitefinity.com/.../5-0-spelling-mistakes-german

Every single time I have to report that the sorting is twice from A-Z instead of once from A-Z and once from Z-A

Is it realy so hard to get such a basic translation to be consistend. How about making sure the the changes are carried over from one translation to another. -> screenshot _13 !!!!!!

Markus

PS: If you run only one site then you can simply correct the mistakes in label every single time a language pack comes out (which is a pain in the neck) but if you have multiple sites this leads to much frustration.

That's weird, all corrections that have been previously submitted should have been reflected here.
We are regenerating the German language pack, should be here shortly.
Would you care to take a look at it once it's ready?

Regards,
Telerik

Dear Greg

How about you check it and once you are confident its ok wirte it here. Then I import it again.

Markus

Hi Markus,

Of course, we will verify it first and will provide it afterwards.

Regards,
Telerik

Dear Greg

While you add it, talk this attached idea over with your translater or some other German speaking partners/clients.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Greg

Any news? I am updating sites now.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

The language pack has been updated on the marketplace and I've sent you an e-mail with detailed information about all reported issues.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Telerik

Dear Greg

Thanks for the quick help in fixing these issues.

Markus

Dear Greg

Another one for 7.0 maybe.

Dashboard - last changed

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

I have a gut feeling that this will be fixed well before 7.0. I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Greg

More errors - some familiar :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2014 00:00

Found two more to be fixed.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

we are on it! I will let you know of the status of this one. And thank you for keeping your feedback coming! I just added some Telerik points to your account!

Regards,
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2014 00:00

Here is some more.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

Another one

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Language pack was corrected and updated on the marketplace.
As always, your help is invaluable, Markus!

Regards,
Telerik

This thread is closed