Two websites, one database and a time lag

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:52

Two websites, one database and a time lag

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

Good afternoon everyone and Happy New Year.

We currently have a situation where we have two websites that use the same database. One website (http://admin...)  uses  'standard' SF authentication where as the other (http://public...) uses STS authentication. Both of these use the same database 'myDb'.

Our marketing team updates the website through the admin site and general visitors see this in the front end through the public website.

In the large, this works absolutely fine however there is an issue. If you make an amendment in the admin site, you see the change take place instantaneously. However, this does not get pushed through, or is not picked up by the public website straight away. If I do an stop/restart or IISreset on the public website then this forces the changes to pull through.

Can someone explain to me (a) what's going on or what's happening here and (b) how can I force the public site to pick up any amendments straight away a la the admin site?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rich

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Richard,

I suggest that in your case you are not able to see the updated content in the public website as the server is still displaying the cached version of the page. Restarting the server forces the cache invalidation since you are restarting the application as well, and Sitefinity retrieves the updated content from the database.

You may set up your project to run in a load balanced environment following the instructions in this article from the Sitefinity documentation and use the Sitefinity's cache invalidation mechanism. You may also find additional information on this issue in the following forum post

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed