Using unique static external links per environment with Site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:20

Using unique static external links per environment with Site Sync

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

We currently have our purchase application as a subdomain and linked from our main site.  Example:  Primary domain www.imglobal.com, subdomain: purchase.imglobal.com.  The problem we have is in our testing environments, we must use the following static links to the subdomain qa.purchase.imglobal.com. Then when we restore our database from production to stay in-sync, I have to update all of those links to the appropriate environment.  

My question is, if we use the site sync feature, can I update these links in each environment and not have them updated when I do a site sync?  

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Bart,

When using Site Sync you could specify which exact items you want to synchronize. If you are using this static link in a content block, for example, you can select all other content blocks, except for the one you don't want to change (refer the attached image for more information). Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no option to exclude specific data while synchronizing.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed