News Summary

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:06

News Summary

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,
I want to fix the length of text in the news summary .How can i do that ?

regards
mansoor

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Mansoor,

You can find information on how to set the min and max range of characters for the News Summary field in this forum post.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,
I have inseeted limitations minimum '1' and maximum 450 , if it's exceed  it should be alert /error message  . i have alrady write the error message in the filed but its not displyed.
any changes required.
-mansoor

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Mansoor,

Could you please make sure that you follow the steps below:

1. Set the News Summary limitations and click Done.
  2. Then click Save Changes 
  3. Go to Content -> News in order to create or edit a news items
  4. Add a summary for the news item in the Summary input field which exceeds the maximum chars limit
  5. Click Publish when you are finished creating or editing the news item
  6. The error message should appear below the summary input field as shown in the screenshot.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

Thanks for sharing steps its works fine. Can't the error message color in Red ? I want to show the error message in Red ? the other question is I changed the summary feild  into HTML Feild ,after i entered bullet list  data after publish  the news , in the page the bullet list data is  not appear , all content shows in one line. is it bug?

REGARDS,
mansoor

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Mansoor,

If you would like to display error messages in red color, you can add reference to the sfError css class from the default theme. To do this for the News Summary validation error message, please go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> News ->  Controls -> NewsBackend -> Views -> NewsBackendInsert ->Sections -> MainSection -> Fields -> Summary -> Validation and type sfError in the Message CSS class caption input field as it is shown in the screenshot. Please add reference to the same css class for the NewsBackendEdit
view.

As for your second question, I would kindly ask you to open a new support ticket as the issue is not related directly to the currently discussed one. By opening a new ticket we will make sure to address proper resources and the information flow will be more structured.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

As you said in the above steps, I have add my custom css as below in the layout.css  then after as you shown in the screnshot  i  have added this class(sfErrorSummary_Cust)in   Message CSS class caption input field. But it doesn't work. its not shown in red color.

.sfErrorSummary_Cust
color:#f00;
font-size:large;

what is the problem. can you please shown us in the video. 

thanks

mansoor

​

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Mansoor,

Please note that in the Message CSS class field you need to enter sfError as shown in the screenshot. This is default css class in Sitefinity for error messages which displays the message in red.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed