Is it illegal to use the Community Edition of Sitefinity tha

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:31

Is it illegal to use the Community Edition of Sitefinity that many of your hosting partners offer?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

According to the following thread the community edition has been discontinued. Yet many hosting companies including those listed on your site as being Sitefinity partners still offer cheap hosting plans that include the community edition. Are they violating the Sitefinity license agreement by doing so? I'm in the process of picking a CMS for my blog and your reply will affect whether I chose Sitefinity or another CMS.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/questions-about-community-edition

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out!

Since you are an existing Community Edition License Holder as well, you are free to log into your Sitefinity.com (dmoss@hotmail.com) account and download the Community Edition for your project. 

At the current moment, you won't be able to download because of an internal bug on our side, but we are working on the issue and I will email you as soon as we have this resolved.

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

I have 2 domains I planned on using the Community Edition with, the license is only good for one domain.  For business use Sitefinity offers a lot for  $ 2,999. But the price tag is way too high for someone who uses Sitefinity at work and would like to use it to create a blog about programming.  I was looking at using the Community Edition as an opportunity to combine Sitefinity with technologies and techniques that I don't get to use at work and to write about it.  I know in the past you have discontinued and then re-continued the Community Edition. I hope you do so again.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello David,

Having 1 Community Edition License, you can indeed use it for 1 domain. In case we have further information that we are reactivating the Community Edition, I'll let you know right away.

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed