Upgrading to Google's Universal Analytics supported?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:29

Upgrading to Google's Universal Analytics supported?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Google Analytics has started nagging me to upgrade to Univeral Analytics (see here). Is this supported by Sitefinity? I haven't heard much about this, but it looks like this will be a mandatory upgrade soon in Google Analytics.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

At this moment Sitefinity doesn’t support Universal Analytics. In general we will include this functionality in a future release of the product, but at this point we can't commit to a date. 

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2014 00:00

There's no year on this post, so I sure hope it was from 2013, not 2014. Analytics are a necessary tool for webmasters and marketers. Universal Analytics offers many features that will enable us to track behaviors of users like never before. I work with 3 different versions of Sitefinity and none of them make it easy to add analytics code. I do hope your latest 2 versions have improved in this area - I haven't used them yet. It is worrisome though if you are not supporting Universal Analytics.  

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Susan,

I have consulted with our Sitefinity Architect who confirmed that it is inevitable as Google gradually is passing to Universal Analytics and the Classic Analytics will become obsolete at some point.

Currently Sitefinity Analytics module does not support Universal Analytics and we cannot provide you a time frame when this will be fact, but anyway is possible to add Analytics widget with js for Universal Analytics on a page.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2014 00:00

The last response to this was in April of 2014, since then Sitefinity 7.1 has been released...is there an update on Universal Analytics?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2014 00:00

I was just looking at the 7.1 page on analytics and it says :Everything Google Analytics offers" and there is a link to the google analytics site which lists all of the google functionality. On that list is Google Universal Analytics. Does this mean that Universal Analytics is now fully supported in 7.1. We have a customer that is on 6.3 but wants this functionality and if it is now available we will upgrade them.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Bill,

We do not support yet Universal Analytics. Indeed there are plans to upgrade analytics module to use Google's new Universal Analytics code, but still cannot provide you an exact timeframe when this will be done.

I could advise you to cast a vote on the feedback item, because, up to date the feedback item has only 3 votes: Upgrade analytics module to use Google's new Universal Analytics code, which is considered when planning for a release.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

Is there any news on GA's Universal Tracking Code support? I do not want to change code till I know it is supported.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

Veronica,

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is here.  I have been using Google Analytic's Universal since last July.  I just added a script block to my main page template, set the script to display in the head of the page, and copy the script (minus the script tags) into the Script Block Widget.  See below for an example of GA script I used on my web site.  That's it and I haven't had any issues.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m)i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function()
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments),i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
)(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-00000000-0', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

So my question is... Is there something I am missing here?  I would like to hear your thoughts.

Craig

This thread is closed