Use Forms Across Sitefinity web sites using Multi-Site modul

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:36

Use Forms Across Sitefinity web sites using Multi-Site module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2014 00:00

We are using the multi site module in Sitefinity to manage our web sites.  I see that when I create forms in one site they are not seen in another site.  Is it possible to share forms across sites in the multi site module?

Or is there another way to achieve this with configuration?

Thanks,
Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Craig, 

We are currently exploring few ideas related to working with forms in multisite mode. It would be great if you can answer some of my questions below, in order to help us better specify this feature.
1) What is your scenario related to forms?
2) What do you expect to be shared between sites?
3) Do you expect to see forms responses per site?

Any other ideas are welcome. 

Thanks in advance,
Antoaneta
Sitefinity UX Team

Q: What is your scenario related to forms?
A: I would like to create a set of forms in one site and then utilize them in another site with the Forms page widget.  I would expect this to work as follows...  First, you go to the Manage Sites link in the upper left corner (part of the multi-site module).  Second, I would click on the actions menu of the site I wanted to share the form with and click Configure Modules.  Third, I would click the change link under the section "This site can use data from..." for the forms module.  Fourth, I would check the site I want to use forms from.  At that point when you visit the forms module you would see the sources section and you could choose which source you want to view the forms from.  In the forms page widget you would then be able to change the source of which form you want to display on the page.

Q: What do you expect to be shared between sites?
A: I would expect the form to be shared and I would expect the form responses to follow them automatically.  Although it may be nice to also share form responses separately as I assume there could be a scenario for that as well.  Also, You should be able to share or not share form fields across sites.  For example, we may have a lot of form widgets in one site for a specific purpose, but in a lot of other sites they would not be needed.

Q: Do you expect to see form responses per site?
A: I think it would be nice to be able to pull form responses from another site independent of the form itself.  However, the form itself and its content would be managed in the site it was originally created in.

Hello Craig, 

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
We will review your suggestions and we will discuss them internally. I will get back to you with an update on our plans for this feature. 

Thank you,
Antoaneta

This thread is closed