Product List Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:18

Product List Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

I am actually using Sitefinity 6.3 and I want to modify my product list template.  I have been trying the following tutorial gist.github.com/.../2363216 and also by myself I have modified an existing template code to add a table but in both situation I end up with the error message "Error parsing the template".  Can someone please help me.

Thank you
vishika

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Vishika.

It looks like there is a kind of mismatch between the widget and its new modified template. It could be caused because the widget is not able to find some control(s) in the new modified template, or you are trying to access data that are not available for the current data type from the template.
Can you, please, provide us the .ascx code of your new template?
Any additional information you can provide us about the issue would be very useful for us to determine the exact  reason behind the undesired behavior.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

Yea I completely agree that there is a mismatch between the widget and the template.  I want to know whats the structure of the template for product one next to another one. I can't attach the template since it exceeds the maximum space allowed.  I have just tried to add a table to display the <ul><li> from the default template.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Vishika,

It still not clear for me if you are trying to replace the current RadListView control to display the product list, or if you just want to change the appearance of the populated list.

You can modify the template of the product list as shown in the following video. However, since the appearance of the items is based on Sitefinity styles, I would recommend you to do the desired changes of the look and feel using styles too, in this case, sfproductListItem.

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed