Instructions on Activating Multisite on Existing Site?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:44

Instructions on Activating Multisite on Existing Site?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi there,

We have built out a site in Sitefintiy 6.3, and the client has decided to purchase the Multisite module. When we activate the Multisite module, the content in the backend for our existing site disappears and we are unable to manage the site content/pages, etc. The site is still running on the frontend, but we see a Default in the upper left of the admin and when we click on Default > Manage Sites, there are no sites listed. When I try to create a site, there are no existing sites listed from which I can copy content. If I go ahead and create the new site, then hit the frontend at my old URL, I get the Sitefinity message that no pages have been created yet, login and create some pages. This almost gave me a heart attack, but it seems deleting this site and deactivating the Multisite module luckily put everything back.

So my question to you is, what is the proper way to activate the Multisite module and keep my existing site intact, and be able to share the content with my existing site with any new sites I create? All documentation I have found so far explains how to activate the Multisite and start using it on a new instance - is it even possible to do what we are hoping?

Thanks,

Melyssa

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2014 00:00

I am also facing same problem. If get any solution, please share with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Pravat Sharma

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello,

This behavior is really strange. The excising site should not disappear from the site list. Could you please inform us whether you are observing the problem on one browser? If that so could you please try in another browser. Would it be possible for you to restart your application and see whether the problem still persist? Mke sure that you have read the article for configuring Multisite projects on IIS:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/configuring-multisite-projects-on-iis

If the problem still persist would it be possible for you to open a support ticket and send us a link to your site and backend credentials to investigate the problem in more depth.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed