Sitefinity publishing and please wait system is restarting i

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:42

Sitefinity publishing and please wait system is restarting issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2014 00:00

I am having couple of issues with sitefinity .

1. Whenever my college is making changes and publishing something he gets the following error. 
There was no endpoint listing at xyz/PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx that could accept the message. 

The strange things is I can edit and publish and it works fine

2. From time to time I keep getting a page System is restarting please wait you will be redirected and then I am redirected to the site.

I really need to push something live asap so a quick reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ad

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Adnan,

Thank you for using our services!

As far as your first question is concerned, you can have a look at the following knowledge base article.
Hopefully, it would be the substantial unit to get your issue resolved.
And regarding the restarting behavior you have mentioned, there are a couple of things that usually cause this:

1. This can happen when you install a new Sitefinity module(one from the samples distributed with the SDK or one you created yourself). To overcome the problem, remove the module registration from System.config and Security.config, view your site ( it should run without problems) and then register the module again only in the System.config. The restarting issue should expire in some time.
  2. A modification of web.config (when it gets modified and saved, .NET restarts the application so that changes could be applied).
  3. A new frontend language has been added to Sitefinity.
  4. The memory limit for the application pool is filled up. Then the pool automatically recycles to free the memory.

Note also that this System is restarting message is not generated by Sitefinity itself, it is coming from the .NET framework. If you are still experiencing this, please provide the steps you took before getting it or share with us any additional information and specifics of your environment configuration.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed