Question about publishing a WebSite

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:41

Question about publishing a WebSite

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi.

First of all, this is the best CMS + many more things for ASP.NET I have ever seen. I've worked with SF4 a little but this is mind blowing. I have been working with PHP ever since. No more. I am most definitely going to purchase Standard Edition for starters. Fastest site making App I have come across =)

Anyway, I am curious about something and question might appear "dumb". It's is to me because this is a CMS and most things can't work without backend.

Anyway, if for example I wanted to show a done WebSite on ANOTHER computer for a friend to see, is there any way to just get "some" files instead of whole CMS? Just the FE + some base files?
I won't complicate it further, you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much for your words. We do our best to deliver first class products and services for our customers.

As for Sitefinity, we plan a lot of new exciting things and I am sure you will like them as they are oriented toward even more rapid web applications delivery. The release is coming on March/April this year and here is a link with further details (link here).

As per your question, the best way is to deploy Sitefinity on a server. This will allow the other people to see the pages and work with the CMS as long as they can access the pages via the web. If you are in the same network, he/she will be able to access the website by something like: http://robert:6060, where robert is stands for the name of your computer in the network and 6060 is just a port number. You can pick any else as long as you configure it from IIS.

Here is an introduction on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY0L9HW4Zb4

Please take a look and let me know on your thoughts.

P.S. The standard way giving just a few files would not work as Sitefinity need all of its components (database and files) to be able to generate pages.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2014 00:00

Just wanted to thank you for your reply. I was a wee busy and away but I saw the reply some time ago.

Yes, I understand putting it all up on the server and show it. However, I was curious about (for example) if I needed help with some pages or so content wise, is there a way to move SF site to another computer and debug/work on it locally.

Anyway, I browsed the forums and the net and saw that all is put into a database so this kind of moving is not really an option.

Regards.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Robert,

In order to move your project from your live environment to your local machine for example first you have to create a backup of your database and then restore it on your local machine. the you have to move all of your project files to your local machine. For now there is no option available to move only a part of your project for example some of your pages, because they are dynamically constructed from the database when they are requested.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed