Sitefinity DB Migration without Sitefinity's Sync Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:59

Sitefinity DB Migration without Sitefinity's Sync Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

Scenario:

Development Environment: Trial License for Sitefinity*

Staging Environment: Purchased License from Sitefinity (but without Sync Module).*

I am working on a project. Actually I developed some code & other contents (using Sitefinity's Admin panel including Templates, Pages, Images) locally.
Now I want to Migrate/Sync the new changes to staging environment.
But Staging environment License dosen't has the facility to Sync.
I tried to use visual studio 2013 data comparison tool But using this I had PageId conflict. I debugged this issue found that some ID's ware different on both Databases, sply for Ownr field.

I want to know if I change this Field value & copy new records in Staging DB will solve my problem.

Or there's any other way to integrate my changes to Staging Database.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Amit,

Such scenario is not supported without sitesync module. The easiest solution is to replace the database.

As best practice, you could made amendments in one db and use that database whenever you need it after that. Note that you need to have also the same configuration on the destination project.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed