MediaPlayerControl not displaying

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:10

MediaPlayerControl not displaying

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi there:

I'm using the  Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Videos.MediaPlayerControl in a custom widget.  Here's snippets from the code:

Here's the ASCX code:
<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Videos" TagPrefix="sf" %>
    <div class="heroimage-video">
        <sf:MediaPlayerControl ID="VideoPlayer" runat="server"></sf:MediaPlayerControl>
    </div>

And the .cs code:
        protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)

if (this.VideoId != Guid.Empty)

var mgr = LibrariesManager.GetManager(LibrariesManager.GetDefaultProviderName());
                var video = mgr.GetVideo(VideoId);

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(video.Url);
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(video.Id.ToString());

MediaPlayerControl videoPlayer = this.VideoPlayer;
                videoPlayer.MediaUrl = video.Url;

When I drop the widget on a page with a video selected, no video is displayed when I preview the page. What's going on?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Could you send over the whole control together with the widget designer? We need to make sure that the video id is persisted and properly set when the control is initialized.
You should know that this control would actually become obsolete with the release of Sitefinity 7.0. We will be using the new RadMediaPlayer instead.

Regards,
Bilyana
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed