Problems with Forum buttons

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:16

Problems with Forum buttons

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Version: 6.2.4910.0

I'm playing around with forums as we're going to be adding these to our Sitefinity site soon.  I've noticed for some reason when I am logged out of Sitefinity and I browse to the forum as a completely anonymous user I am still shown the "New Thread" link, and the "Reply" links.  Why is this?  Those features are locked down to authenticated users only.

This is a major issue because the links don't even fail gracefully: the "New Thread" link points to some invalid URL which displays a 403 error, and the "Reply" links seem to redirect to the previous page.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Nick,

This is the default behavior of our permissions. The best approach for you in this scenario is to redirect unauthenticated users to a custom login page. For information on how to do that, please click here.

Additionally, if you do not approve of this option, you can configure a custom page redirect for the 403 status code as shown here.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed