Keeping a user Logged In

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:00

Keeping a user Logged In

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2014 00:00

What do I need to do in Sitefinity to keep a user logged in when they access my site.
Everytime they open their browser and first have to access my site it ask them to enter their login info.
I need it to have them automatically logged in everytime they access my site.
Are their cache settings that need to be changed somewhere or what?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2014 00:00

I have the same problem, any solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Martin,

Please follow the screenshots to check the permissions.
'View pages' should be set to 'Everyone'.
1. screencast.com/.../SDEgDJHnPK
2. screencast.com/.../x0w20kanXuGR

You can also define permissions for certain page from here:
screencast.com/.../UDkhZYnvdg

If you want the site to be visible without log in, 'View pages' should be set to 'Everyone' on both places.

If you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Slaveya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Martin,

Please follow the screenshots to check the permissions.
'View pages' should be set to 'Everyone'.
1. screencast.com/.../SDEgDJHnPK
2. screencast.com/.../x0w20kanXuGR

You can also define permissions for certain page from here:
screencast.com/.../UDkhZYnvdg

If you want the site to be visible without log in, 'View pages' should be set to 'Everyone' on both places.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2014 00:00

I am not sure if my question was confusing but that is not the correct answer. It has nothing to do with the permissons. I just want Sitefinity to save my customers cookies so they do not have to relogin everytime they access the site.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Martin,

In order to achieve your desired scenario I would advice to navigate to Adminstration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Security, then adjust Authentication cookie timeout and check AuthCookieIsPersistent. Keep in mind that you have to set and Forms cookie timeout in the web.config file of your project. Please check the following link for more information.

Authentication models overview

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

This thread is closed