Can't upload new main.css file

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:06

Can't upload new main.css file

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2014 00:00

I am unable to upload over my main.css file even though I have administrator privileges. I can upload a new CSS file to the same directory, but can't overwrite the existing file. Can I fix this from within the Sitefinity platform? I don't have access to the drive where the files reside.

Thanks,
Becky

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Becky,

You could try to rename (or delete) the main.css file and name your styles file as main.css with the build-in File manager under: Administration > File manager.

You could find a video demonstration here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2014 00:00

Thanks for the information. However, when I try to rename the file, I get the following error:

NoPermissionToMoveFile

When I try to delete it, I get:

The selected file could not be deleted because the application did not have enough permissions. Please contact the administrator.

Can you tell me how the permissions are set?

Thanks,
Becky

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Becky,

Do you experience this issue with all the uploaded files or only the main.css could not be deleted/renamed? In case the problem relates to this file only, please ensure that it is not locked by another user/process, or you have access for this particular file.

Is the project run on your local machine or it is deployed on hosting provider?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2014 00:00

I also cannot rename/delete responsive.css, bootstrap.min.css, etc. -- any of the files that were present from the original development of the site. Since the file is in the File Manager, I can't tell if it is locked, whereas if it were a page on the site I would be able to -- unless there's something I'm missing. Note: I did not develop the site -- I'm just trying to make updates. The site is run on a local machine at the company -- but I am offsite and don't have access to it. I can get somebody who does have access to it to do whatever is needed -- I just don't know what we need to do in order to fix the issue.

Regards,
Becky

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Becky,

In that case the most easiest way is to send the files to someone who have the access to that development machine thus: s/he could replace them by using Visual Studio or directly with File Explorer
-or-
they could grant full access to the Identity, thus you could do the amendments through the Sitefinity backend (File Manager).

Alternatively you could have some kind of Remote access to that machine and do it by your self with the File explorer.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2014 00:00

OK, I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking I could also add a new stylesheet to all of the files on the site. I would be able to update that new file. I didn't set up the site, so I don't know how to do that. Does it require Visual Studio?

Thanks,
Becky

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Becky,

The full access to the identity have to be done in IIS, see the link provided. By using Visual Studio or File Explorer you/or your colleagues could replace that main.css file you need.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2014 00:00

OK, but can you point me to instructions as to how to add a new .css file to the master template so that it is applied to all pages?

Thanks,
Becky

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Becky,

You could load an external css file on the Page Template / Master Page by adding CSS widget in that page template or directly in the Master page by using html.

More information about CSS widget is available in that article 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed