get the description field of a classifiction in code

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:28

get the description field of a classifiction in code

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am new to sitefinity, I am looking for a way to the access the description field of the classification in my code.

Please let me know how I can do that.

I have written code that gets me all the classifications(hierarchial taxonomy) in the form of a tree that I am binding to a RadTreeView control. 

Each node has properties like text, navigateURL etc. but no Description. I assume I have to do it differently to get the description field.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thanks! 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Phani,

The HierarchicaltTaxonomy class has a Description property available. Please take a look at our API Reference:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/ApiReference/webframe.html#topic215451.html

You can see examples of using the property in our Documentation. I have also attached a sample RadTreeView that uses Categories and displays their Description.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed