I need Quicktime VR Movies to play in Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:00

I need Quicktime VR Movies to play in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2014 00:00

Are there any ideas out there from people who have added interactive movies or panoramas (QTVR) to their Sitefinity sites?

I have a program that will output Flash, HTML5 or Quicktime .mov files but I don't know how to integrate them into Sitefinity. The Flash and HTML5 outputs create several files that I would need to load into the backend of SF. Not sure how to do that or if it will work either.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I dont know about what the files are...but I'm assuming all the generated files are the same outside of the video itself?

So I would make a widget which wraps these files and make the public property be the video file itself...

Basically define what is static and what is dynamic in the "concept" and wrap the static bits into a control so you can feed in the dynamic parts *however* you want.

Dear Tony

To me the problem would be that you will have a lot of files to upload.

.mov might be one
.swf might have a lot more if you add controls
.html5/css3 will be a lot since you are uploading all cut images maybe even for different sizes (tiles)

Then you need to add the code to get the whole thing done.

-----------

Thats a tough one. First of all I assume that you would go HTML5 with fallback to Flash for the panoramas. Don't see .mov to much anymore.

------------

Does this have to be backend user freindly as in primate save or are you simply looking for a feasable way for you to do it?

------------

1) Uploading

a) FTP
b) Administration / File manager (which can be a pain since there is no 3.7 like option to upload zip, and you need different folder for your tiles
c) dutom upload widget

2) Admin

Custom Module to take care of it with widget to display them (see 3) 

3) Displaying
a) Content block, HTML cut and paste amend code to match uploaded file path
b) Design widget with Designer 
c) Wild thinking Layout widget with code. Asign class (filename) use jQuery to exchange path. Realy wild idea.

Looking forward to your solution or better ideas then the one above. 

Markus

No, it does not have to be backend user friendly. I will be the one adding the Product VR shots to the site.

The HTML5 output gives me an images folder and three other files outside of that folder called:
my_file_name.html
my_file_name_out.xml
object2vr_player.js

Do you think I could upload those using the File Manager?
But then how do I get Sitefinity to see my new .html file?

I assume that if I use the HTML5 version, all mobile devices will be able to use it (Android and iOS)?

Vs if I use the Flash output, then the iOS devices will NOT be able to see it, correct?

Ok, shifting gears to another way of adding my VR product shots to Sitefinity:

Using another software called Boxshot VR, I created my VR product shot. This program created the following files for me:
images_subfolder
boxshot-vr.js
index.html
jquery.min.js

So, using these files above, could I copy them into Sitefinity File manager and use them?
I could possibly just copy the contents of the .html file out and place in a current Sitefinity product page?

Any thoughts on this method? 

This thread is closed