How create a mobil app from a web page created with sitefnin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:56

How create a mobil app from a web page created with sitefninity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2014 00:00

I need alternatives to envolve a web page created with sitefinity to create the app with differents tools than appbuilder because my customer wants other alternativa and he doesn't like appBuilder.

Thanks for all!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Javier,

All data within Sitefinity is exposed through RESTful services. This means that you can use the services to retrieve news articles, events, page data, etc. The mobile app builder within Sitefinity is generating a basic app that you can use as a staring point. You can of course develop an application from scratch and do your mobile development using Telerik AppBuilder IDE or any other IDE, but for reading the data you would be using the RESTful services. You can use our Kendo UI Web suite and Kendo UI Mobile suite for the actual mobile app development. I would suggest reproducing the static part of the page on the mobile using the controls from the kendo suite and storing the dynamic data with SQLite. You can read an article on the usage of the SQLite Plugin here. I hope you find it useful.

Regards,
Bilyana
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Ok, finally I will try do my app with sitefinity and its extensions.Thanks for your help!

This thread is closed