c:\user\me\AppData\Local\Temp\SitefinityProjectManager

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:16

c:\user\me\AppData\Local\Temp\SitefinityProjectManager

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2014 00:00

Anyone knows if I can delete the files in that folder without any problems and when how and why they are created. Accumulated 4.5 GB in there :-)

They are all rather fresh.  They simply contain Telerik.Sitefinity.dll each with 24 MB but I have 190 of them in the past 3 days.

To me it seems every time I start the sitefinity manager it will create one folder with every project in that version. I have been updating some sites. So on every update it will create one of these folders and probably not clean it out later.

Started Sitefinity 7.0 manger and got one folder for each site that I have already updated, Closed and exit the sitefnity manager and started it again and bang, doubled that amount.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

You can delete the temp files once you are done working with the project manager.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Atanas

Thanks for the feedback, but shouldn't there be any cleanup in some way by sitefinity. 

Look at the chart and you will see what I am talking about. You easily going to fill GBs of space if you update a couple of sites. Once you have 15 Sites updated und update only on site from 4.4 to 7.0 you will add 96 files at 24 mb on one update run which run up to  2 GB.

And the more sites you have the worse it gets.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

I have checked this with the developers and I have logged it as a bug:feedback.telerik.com/.../126810-project-manager-creates-alot-of-temp-files. They will do their best to fix it as soon as possible.

I have updated your points.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2014 00:00

Dear Atanas

Is this in the works. 7.0.5107 still creates a temp for every project ever time you start the manager.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

So far it looks like it will be fixed for 7.1.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

This thread is closed