WebApp with WebForms and MVC

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:53

WebApp with WebForms and MVC

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello

I started developing a web site using ASP.Net web forms and custom user controls 

We have in our team a new developer that is expert in MVC technology

I have two questions: is it possible to use both methods for continuing on the site developement?

I have installed the MVC 4 framework on our server: when i open the web app with Visual Studio and try to add a new item, I can't see from the list the MVC item. Do i have to (re)configure the project in some way?

Thanks

Diego

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2014 00:00

Diego,

I think this blog post is what you're looking for.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2014 00:00

hi tim

thanks for your reply

i hope the solution will work for visual studio 2010 and sitefinity 6.3

best regards

diego 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

You can use Sitefinity and MVC. We support three types of MVC usage: Classic, Pure and Hybrid, from which you can choose depending on the features you will need and the usage.
You can read more information about this in the documentation.
The MVC features in Visual Studio could be enabled using the blog post provided by Tim.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Nikola

I have read Tim's post together with a lot of other related threads also in other forums, and there are very different advices...

So, before starting, I would like to know if I have also to edit/add something in the web.config in order to activate the MVC framework and if I have to include dll to the SiteFinityWebApp references.

Thanks

Diego

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hello Diego,

Sitefinity supports ASP.NET MVC 4. We support only the Razor view engine and C# for MVC views. You can get more information from here. You can get ASP.NET MVC 4 for VS 2010 from here.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2014 00:00

Thanks, Nikola

I solved my problems

Regards

Diego

This thread is closed