Azure Website

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:40

Azure Website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

What's the status of Sitefinity working on an Azure Website? From what I've read, it looks like Telerik doesn't support Azure Websites, only Azure VMs running IIS.

I've seen people say they've gotten it to work, and with some experimentation, I've gotten it up and running on an Azure Website too. But what am I in for if I pursue this route? I've read load balancing won't work right, but that was from a year ago. Has Sitefinity evolved to work better on Azure?

Microsoft's really pushing Azure and I would think Telerik would be doing all they can to get it working well on this platform.

It seems like the load balancing issue could be resolved with Azure Cache, but that's in beta (for over a year now) and I'm speculating and if OpenAccess doesn't support Velocity/AppFabric, that's probably a lot more work.

So what are Telerik's plans for Sitefinity and Azure?

Thanks,
Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

According to the system requirements it's supported. I don't use it myself but many do.

http://www.sitefinity.com/resources/system-requirements

Yes, but is that referring to an Azure VM or an Azure Website? And does load balancing work on an Azure Website now?

I posted this a few weeks back on the g+ group

plus.google.com/.../KCtsEmkraK7

This thread is closed