Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager.CopyTh

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:06

Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager.CopyThumbnails()

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

Let me preface this with saying that I'm completely new to Sitefinity and their moto of "Winning  Customer Experiences" doesn't seem to apply to the development process (at least not for me anyways). With that said let me explain (as best I can) my issue. I have an install running Sitefinity 5.3. What my client wants to do (selective sync and canonical urls) requires that I upgrade to at least 6.1. I've gone through the process and it looked to have kinda worked. It would compile but I would encounter an issue at runtime. It was complaining about something still referencing something from 5.3. I decided I had fought with it enough for one and called it a night. Today when I fired it up and tried to compiled it threw this at me:

'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager' does not contain a definition for 'CopyThumbnails' and no extension method 'CopyThumbnails' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Sure wasn't expecting that. It looks like it's looking for a method with this signature:

CopyThumbnails(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.MediaContent, Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.MediaContent, [bool]) (Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager)

Does anyone know what happened to this method? Or if there's a different way to do that now. Here's a snippet of the code to kinda see what's going on.

newImage.Title = newEditableTitle;
newImage.Urls.Clear();
newImage.UrlName = Regex.Replace(newImage.Title.ToLower(), @"[^\w\-\!\$\'\(\)\=\@\d_]+", "-");
newImage.DateCreated = DateTime.UtcNow;                   newImage.LastModified = DateTime.UtcNow;                       newImage.InheritsPermissions = true;
LibrariesManager.CopyThumbnails(ImageToCopy, newImage);
LibrariesManager.RecompileItemUrls<Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image>(newImage);

Any thoughts of guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Russel,

The CopyThumbnais() method of the LibrariesManager class was made internal in Sitefinity version 6.1, meaning you cannot access it through the API.

What the method consists of is it re-creates the thumbnail that is passed through it. The new thumbnail that is created takes the properties and value of the old one. You are free to achieve this functionality by using our Images API.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed