Backend Pages fail to display appropriately on new install

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:08

Backend Pages fail to display appropriately on new install

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hi, I am trying to get SF7 set up for development. Currently it is on a WinServer 2003 VM running IIS6 (about to upgraded to 2012).

When I go into to the backend, the default page looks fine, but if I click on one of the menu links, all that is returned is  a list of links

I.e.:

Skip To The Main Content

Dashboard

Pages

Content

Types of Content

News

Blogs

Events

Could someone provide guidance as to what I am missing? Everything works when running directly on the server from localhost:portnum/.../ but fails when I run it from a live website.

thanks,

Tod

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tod,

Can you please take a look at the following article and make sure that you have configured your IIS properly. You may also refer to the following article for additional information on running Sitefinity projects on IIS.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Sabrie,

Thank you. I have used those documents extensively. The only difference is that we do not use C:\inetpub\wwwroot for the websites that are hosted under IIS. We use the F:\ drive. I would hope that would not matter.

-Tod

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2014 00:00

Hi Tod,

It is a really strange issue. Can you please inspect the browser's console and let me know if there are any errors there. It seems that some of the resources have not been loaded properly. Can you please also let me know if this issue is reproduced in other browsers.

Furthermore, can you please delete the error logs under the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder, then try to reproduce the issue again and send me the error messages generated under the above mentioned folder. This might give us additional information on what might be the reason for this issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2014 00:00

Sabrie,

My apologies. I forgot to post that I found the problem. We run UrlScan on the site and its settings were denying access to the urls produced by Sitefinity. Turning it off was a simple fix.

Thanks for your help,

Tod 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tod,

I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing the solution with the community. This information will help other people experiencing the same issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed