Cannot apply my new widget template Sitefinity 7

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:14

Cannot apply my new widget template Sitefinity 7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

In Sitefinity 7 Admin I can see my new widget template in the area: "Documents and Files" and applied to: Documents-list

On a test page I add a Download List widget. How can I use my new wedget template for this widget?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Hello Michael,

Currently, you can use only the predefined widget templates (e.g. List, Table, List + Detail page, Table + Detail page) for the Download list widget as shown in the screenshot. The new widget templates created for the Download list widget under Design -> Widget Templates does not appear in the widget's designer.

We have logged it in our system as a feature request and hopefully we will be able to implement it for our future releases. Here is the link to our feedback portal where you can track its progress and vote to increase its popularity.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Michael

We brought this up in May 2011 (yes 3 years ago). So it should not take much longer till this gets fixed :-)

www.sitefinity.com/.../download-link-download-list-dokuments-and-files

More on the matter here

www.sitefinity.com/.../download-widget-template-improvements

@Telerik

How about starting to work on this when you all come back fresh and rested from your days off. 

Markus

I was wrong :-) This problem dates back to Feb. 2011

www.sitefinity.com/.../download-list-templates

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I have increased the priority of the bug, however, I am not able to give you a time frame for the fix. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed