Shared Content Block Multi-Site 6.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:19

Shared Content Block Multi-Site 6.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

I am experiencing an issue in 6.1 sharing content blocks between sites.

If the source content is in the Default Site's library it is able to be shared across the various sites because in each Site instance the following is an option for content sharing:

Sources: Default Content; Site1 GenericContent

However if I am in a child site e.g. Site3 and I declare a Content Block as shared it's not available as shared content when I am authoring in Site1; Site2; Site 4

Does Shared Content have to be in the Default Site in order to be available to the other sites or is there a setting for each site that can stipulate which library's are available for Shared Content Blocks?

Many thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2014 00:00

Hi Clint,

Content blocks, as well as all built-in and dynamic modules can be shared across the sites. In order to configure the modules which a site uses you need to click on the site selector in the upper-left corner of the page and then click on the Manage sites link. Then please click on the Actions link of the site the modules of which you would like to configure and click on Configuring Modules link. You will see a list of all available modules. 

Then you can check the Generic Content check box and click on the Change button in order to choose the data source. After performing this, when you drop a Content block widget on a page and click on Select from existing shared content button in the widget's edit mode you will be able to choose the provider from which to select the shared content.

Here is also a short video for your convenience demonstrating the steps I took on my side.

You may also take a look at the following resources for additional information about sharing content between sites:

1. Share content between sites
  2. Sitefinity Multisite Management - video

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2014 00:00

Thank you Sabrie, I am sure this will help. I can't wait to to watch your video & follow your steps in Sitefinity now :)

Will let you know how I got on!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2015 00:00

Hello,

Can i used a shared Content Block into a pulldown promo?

Thank you 

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Hello Mo,

I am afraid I am not able to properly understand what you would like to achieve? Can you please provide more details about the exact use case scenario? Are you in a multisite environment and is your question related to content blocks which are shared among the sites?

If your question is not related to the currently discussed matter about sharing content blocks between different sites, I would kindly ask you to open a new forum thread where you can provide more details about your exact use case scenario. This way the information will be more structured.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2015 00:00

I want to use a  shared content block widget,and put it inside a  pull down promo,so that it behaves as the way Pull down promo behaviors in a page,example users open the page and then click on the pull down to see the content. But if i used a content block it will be on that page but it would not be hidden as the way pull down promos works.

Why i need that is i want to have shared content in two place, so that a change in one place affect both places.

This thread is closed