upload image on other than default language first

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:35

upload image on other than default language first

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2014 00:00

There is an issue when i upload an image on other than the default language for example ,
In my case i have english as default language and i upload image on arabic first then going to add its english item now geting this error. 

I have attached the screen shots please share your suggestion on this. 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tabish,

This issue cannot be reproduced on latest Sitefinity release, so I can strongly recommend you to upgrade your project to avoid this unusual behavior.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi  Vassil Vassilev,
I have checked this on latest Sitefinity release  and this  unusual behaviour is still not fixed.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Tabish,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

I could advise you to open a support ticket as it may be required to send us your project data in order to isolate the reason for this issue.

In the support ticket, please provide also all details about the product (Sitefinity version, is the project upgraded).

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2016 00:00

I have raise this issue when I was using  Sitefinity 6.x  and Now  I identified that this issue is still persist in Sitefinity 8.0(So up gradation is not a solution ) and this is not a project specific bug, it is a bug in default Image module. 

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Tabish,

I just tested this in Sitefinity 8.0 and also in the latest Sitefinity version (8.2) and I can verify that when you upload an image in a non-default language, the binary data of this image is not displayed when you try to translate the image in the default language.

However, when you enter the meta data for the default translation (e.g. Title) and publish it, the binary data of the image is properly displayed. Please also find attached a video demonstrating the steps I took to reproduce it and then the behavior after I published the translation in the default language.

I also logged an issue related to this in our feedback portal on the following link:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/183692-image-is-not-shown-when-creating-a-translation-in-the-default-language

I have subscribed you to receive notifications for the bug including new comments, votes, status changes. If you would like to unsubscribe, you can unfollow the item by removing "Following this item”. Once the problem is fixed the item will be marked as Done.

I also updated your Telerik points accordingly.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed