how to short image gallery by category..

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:24

how to short image gallery by category..

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2014 00:00

Currently i am using sitefinity 6.3.500, for that i have to sort image by its category..

but when i try to sort them it will give me error..

Error parsing the template

i will change the sort direction from below image and also get the idea from below link..

www.sitefinity.com/.../filter-expressions-for-content-items

www.sitefinity.com/.../sorting-content-in-sitefinity

also i want to short category with pagination.. so its mix-up of category and pagination both..  

any one can help me..

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2014 00:00

Hi Ketan,

In order to filter the Image gallery items by Category you need to put the category Id in the filter expression as in the documentation. The expression may look similar to the following:

Visible = true AND Status = Live AND Category.Contains("c571137e-9c35-60f3-aa85-ff0200ef4291")

Notice that if the brackets are missing in the expression, Sitefinity will throw the error message "Error parsing the template".

There are ways to know the category Id. One could be by opening the table sf_taxa and copying the id directly. Other way could be using the DevTools and inspecting the network request when clicking in the specific category. Please take a look to the video attached.

The sort expression works as expected as shown in this other video.

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2014 00:00

Thanks Junior for replying this.

i got the solution..

This thread is closed