Product Custom Module Example

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:37

Product Custom Module Example

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

In trying to follow your example on how to create the products module, I found some errors / omissions.  If you go here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../referencing-the-required-assemblies

And you attempt to add the NuGet packages listed, the first two have been deprecated / renamed, and the final three don't come up in any of the searches on NuGet.

Can someone clarify where to find the necessary packages?

Also, while I understand you can create a module with SiteFinity Thunder, I need to know all of the moving parts and the code created, which is why I am following the example; So please don't direct me to SiteFinity Thunder, I'm aware of it already.

Thanks 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2014 00:00

Hi Mike,

This approach is obsolete at all, due to implemented in Sitefinity Module builder. This module allows you to create your custom types in addition to the build-in ones - News, Blogs, etc.

What are the scenario and the needs you have that necessitate using of that custom implemented module but not the Build-in one Module Builder?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed