Events Master/Detail Problem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:29

Events Master/Detail Problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2014 00:00

When I try to change the value for the "ContentViewDisplayMode" advanced property of an Events widget the new value is never saved (i.e. I change it to "Detail", save and publish, then return to the page and see that the property is back to being "Automatic").  Is this normal?

I am using Sitefinity 6.3.  I recently upgraded from 5.4 and I think this was working in the previous version (but I can't say for sure).  The reason I am trying to do this is to create an event detail page with two Events widgets (like the solution described here: www.sitefinity.com/.../events-list-and-details-on-the-same-page).  Is there a new accomplish this?  I also tried setting "AllowUrlQueries" to false (as described here: www.sitefinity.com/.../events-master-detail-problem) but this didn't seem to do anything for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2014 00:00

Hello Jeff,

You can easily achieve your needs by dropping two Event widgets on that page and set:
- On the first one set under  Edit > Advanced > ContentViewDisplayMode to Master
- Choose that page to display the details
- On the second one, select Edit > Single Item Only

Short video demonstration is available here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

When I set the value of "ContentViewDisplayMode" to "Master" or "Detail", and click "Save", it does not save the value.   When I come back and look at the setting it is still "Automatic".

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Jeff,

You are correct. We can consider this as a bug. I have logged it in our Feedback portal, where you could subscribe for receiving notifications on status change.

On save the settings are saved correctly, so you need to keep in mind to update this value also in case you make any changes in the advanced settings of that particular "Master" widget.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Just to clarify further, if I enter "Master" or "Detail", it will have the intended effect.  The only problem is that I just have to remember what I sent?  That would be good news to me.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Jeff,

That is correct. The only issue is when you open Events designer to edit and save any settings. Than you need to set the ContentViewDisplayMode value.also.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed