Twitter Feed (Backward Compatibility)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:04

Twitter Feed (Backward Compatibility)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2014 00:00

I am trying to use the twitter feed (backward compatibility) widget

But am getting no results.

I have created a brand new 6.1 project to test if my other modules do not clash with this.

But am still getting nothing at all even in a blank project.

Are there some additional settings i need to adjust above and beyond the ones that are shown when i click the edit button on the widget?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Andrew,

Can you please specify your exact Sitefinity version? Due to a change in the Twitter API we had to remake the whole logic that handles the feeds. The new logic is implemented in Sitefinity 6.1 Service pack 1( 6.1.4600 ). More information on the release can be found here. Any version prior to this one will not have the ability to include any functionality related to twitter.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

My site is 6.0.4200.0 , but my licence allows for up to 6.1.4700.0

I have setup an empty test site with 6.1.47000 and still get an empty page when trying to use the widget.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Andrew,

I just tested the Twitter Feed Backward Compatability widget on SItefinity 6.1.4700 and got the same result. I can recommend you use the twitter feed widget instead as it works as expected. Here is a video for further reference. Follow the Documentation on how to configure it and you will not have any problems displaying your twitter feed.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed