Sorting the Lists

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:02

Sorting the Lists

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

I’m using sitefinity 4.4

I created a List “Content -> Lists”

I created a page, in the page I added the List control, and
mapped it to the previously created list under the content section.

When I load up the page the list is displayed successfully,
but the items displayed in ascending order, the oldest “first created” are
first and down the list “page” the newest.

I need to order the list to display the recent items first.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Ahmad,

We have introduced SortExpression properties for Lists and ListItems in Sitefinity 5.4. In order to sort the items inside a list when displayed on the frontend, you need to go to your Lists widget on the page and click on the Edit button. The please click on the Advanced button and set the ListItemSortExpression property to the desired sort expression.

What I can suggest is to consider an upgrade to the latest Sitefinity version in order to take advantage of this new feature, as well as to take advantage of all the new features and enhancements which have been added to Sitefinity versions since Sitefinity 4.4. Here is a link to our upgrade documentation where you can get information about the upgrade path and the steps you need to follow in order to upgrade your project to the latest version.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2014 00:00

I have that feature, but the only thing I seem to be able to sort by is Title. I want to sort by Publication Date. But entering "PublicationDate ASC" or "PublicationDate DESC" does nothing.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Matthew,

The reason why you are not able to sort the list items by PublicationDate might be related to the fact that the PublicationDate is not updated when publishing a List item. We have a bug logged in our feedback portal which you can review in the following link. The issue has been fixed in the latest Sitefinity version.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Better way is to upgrade your version

Thanks Sabrie.

Is it possible to fix this without upgrade to the latest version. Can I do it through code change?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ahmad,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix the issue without upgrading. The reason why it is not possible to sort the List items by PublicationDate in your Sitefinity version is because the Publish() method is not implemented for the List items. In the latest Sitefinity version we have implemented this method and what I can suggest is to upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity version in order to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello,

I upgraded the sitefinity to v6.0.4210.0, because is the allowed version to upgrade according to the licence.

is this sorting feature available within this release?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Ahmad,

We have included the feature in Sitefinity 7.0. Please refer to the release notes for more details on this. Here is also a link to the feedback portal where you can review the feature request.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed