get Random poll on page???

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:53

get Random poll on page???

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

Hiii All,

Currently i am working upon the poll and my requirement is to display poll randomly as per they submit the answer the poll question.

so how can i achieve this in my poll page.

how can i call random poll in particular page..

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ketan,

Would it be possible to provide a bit more detailed information about your polls? I have difficulties to understand how these polls are created and then displayed. I suppose that you have created a custom poll widget. Providing this information I will get a better picture of the problem and I will be able to suggest how your scenario can be achieved.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Kaloyan,

I can Create the poll from below link.

www.sitefinity.com/.../adding-a-survey-or-poll-to-sitefinity-ecommerce

www.sitefinity.com/.../poll-widget-

from above link i can create the multiple poll.

See attached image below.

also from attached poll2.png Image i displayed single poll in my left column, 

after clicking the vote(submit) button it will displayed the msg of successfully submitted the poll, i want to replace the poll instead of success msg. so how can i call another poll on that page???

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ketan,

In order to achieve your scenario you have to create a custom forms control. The main reason for using custom control is the fact that you cannot load random forms using out of the box widget. Please check the following blog post where you can see how to create a custom forms control.

How to implement notifications for incoming Forms responses

In order to get a collection of all forms created you can use Forms API. Keep in mind that you have to implement and a random generator that will return random forms.

Querying forms

I have recorded and a short video to demonstrate how you can load new form right after the old one is submitted.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Kaloyan,

Can you please elaborate your post, because from ur post i am not able to get the poll randomly,

if you have any video recorded for this post than if you posting at here then it will be very helpful to us..

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ketan,

The video from my last reply demonstrates only how you can reload a form after submit button is clicked. In order to load random form you have to implement a custom form control. In order to do this you can use the provided blog post. Then with Sitefinity API you can query all forms that needs to be displayed. When you get all desired forms you will need to implement and a random generator which can be used to display random forms. You can check the following forum thread for more information:

Random Number Generator C#

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

This thread is closed