Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:08

Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from one database to other without enterprize license

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

I need to export sitefinity content from Document & Files ,Images , Videos of one database to other. I know there is some synchronization feature which is only available to enterprize license which i don't have. Is there anyway that through some other way or database script i can export and import data.
I am using Database as storage for those contetn instead of file system.

I am using sitefinity version 6.3

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Kamii47,

OPTION 1
Not a solution to your problem, but there was a tool on this website which offered a SiteSync: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/marketplace/modules/nextwork-solutions/sitesynchronization-module

It seems not to be online anymore. Maybe someone else knows what happened there? It is probably out there somewhere?

OPTION 2
You could use a database script, but I would probably write some code against the API to do this.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

There are two options:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Yeah, like I said, use the API, since SiteSync isn't in your reach and using providers isn't quite what you want.

If you need help, let me know.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hello,

Actually another option is to download them on the filesystem:

var AllImages = librariesManager.GetImages().Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master);  
        foreach (var image in AllImages) 

//var domain = System.Net.NetworkInformation.IPGlobalProperties.GetIPGlobalProperties().DomainName; 
            var imageUrl = image.Url; 
            if (imageUrl != null

string localFilename = @"c:\SaveImages\" + image.Title + ".jpg"; 
                using (WebClient client = new WebClient()) 

client.DownloadFile(imageUrl, localFilename); 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have manually copied and upload them to other site. I have to keep them in DB.

Site sync option was good but only available to enterprise license

This thread is closed