Themes and skins

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:06

Themes and skins

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

How can I get control skins to work with Sitefinity themes?

I've set up a Frontend theme in Sitefinity's settings and applied that theme to my page template. Stylesheets are getting included automatically, so that's working. But my control skins aren't getting included.

When I was using the default theme, skins were getting included from /App_Themes/Default/.

But now I can't get the skins to apply. My frontend theme's path is ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Twbs. I've tried putting App_Themes/Twbs folders and skin files everywhere, but they never get applied.

So where do I put the skin files for my custom frontend theme?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

Like .Skin files?...yeah they don't work...never have :/

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2014 00:00

Yes, .skin files is what I was trying to apply. The skins for the default theme works, but I guess that's it. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Fortunately I wanted a single theme for all pages on the site, though I could see this changing in the future, so I was able to set the theme via the web.config.

Tried doing it via the masterpage codebehind, but apparently that's not possible.

I think there's a setting in Sitefinity pages where you specify what codebehind should be used, so I could create a dummy class that inhertits Page and sets the theme via the Page_PreInit event, but I don't want to have to set that on every page.

Hopefully this will get fixed some day.

Thanks Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2014 00:00

I wouldn't hold my breath :/ 

When you create a page, down at the bottom you can specify the codebehind for the page, and in the backend settings you can set the DEFAULT for that field to be your codebehind...

This thread is closed